- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Peas Recipe
|Butter/Margarine||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shelled peas||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 363 Calories from Fat 303
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.1%
Saturated Fat 21.7 g108.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 90.7 mg
Sodium 110.2 mg4.6%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.3%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 4 g8.9%
Vitamin A 47% Vitamin C 51.3%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, place 1 tablespoon butter.
2) Rinse the lettuce leaves and spread nicely over the butter.
3) Place the peas and rest of the butter, then cover with some more lettuce leaves.
4) Cover the skillet with a tight lid and cook over a high heat until the butter is heated and bubbly.
5) Reduce the heat and gently steam for about 15 minutes until the peas are just tender.
6) Discard the lettuce and sprinkle the peas with the salt and pepper to taste.
7) Serve immediately in a nice plate.