- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Onion Soup Recipe
|Butter||1 Ounce, thinly sliced (25 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound, thinly sliced (450 Gram)|
|Beef stock||2 Pint (1200 Milliliter)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Calories 114 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.1%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.2 mg
Sodium 433.7 mg18.1%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 4.1 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 9.4%
Calcium 3.2% Iron 3.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, melt some butter. Sauté onions till soft. A
2) Add in the stock, add salt and pepper to season.
3) Let it come to a boil, and then lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
4) Pour in sherry or wine if used.
5) Serve the soup hot in soup bowls along with cheese and crusty bread or garlic bread.