- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Very Simple French Onion Soup Recipe
|Unsalted butter||6 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock/Beef stock||5 Cup (80 tbs)|
|French bread slices||4 (1/2 Inch Thick)|
|Gruyere cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2291 Calories from Fat 1194
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 135 g208.3%
Saturated Fat 77.2 g385.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 381.3 mg
Sodium 4216.8 mg175.7%
Total Carbohydrates 176 g58.5%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.2%
Sugars 42.8 g
Protein 96 g191.9%
Vitamin A 72% Vitamin C 60.5%
Calcium 162.8% Iron 53%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Peel and slice onion.
2) Preheat oven to 350 degree.
3) Take a saucepan, melt butter, and stir onion.
4) Cover with a lid and cook until onions turn soft.
5) Pour in the chicken or beef stock.
6) Season with salt, cover, and let it simmer for 30 minutes more.
7) Take French bread and spread butter on either side.
8) Sprinkle cheese on either side of the bread slice and bake until the cheese melts.
9) In serving bowl, serve bread with soup garnished with remaining cheese.