- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spiced French Onion Soup Recipe
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Onions||1 Pound, sliced (450 Gram)|
|Cornflour||30 Milliliter (2 Tablespoon)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Pint (850 Milliliter)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Beef stock cubes||2|
|Bread croutons||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated cheese||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 239
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 17 g85%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.6 mg
Sodium 991.2 mg41.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.4%
Sugars 9.8 g
Protein 8 g15.8%
Vitamin A 17.7% Vitamin C 28.4%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a microwaveable dish, melt butter in microwave on HIGH for 1 minute
2. To the hot butter, add onions and sauté.
3. Return to the microwave for another 5 minutes, sautéing after every 2 minutes
4. Add corn starch to onions and stir, then crumble stock cube and add water. Stir well.
5. Add seasoning according to taste
6. Place in the microwave and cook for another 5 minutes on HIGH power, stirring after every 2 minutes.
7. Ladle soup into consommé cups or soup dishes.
8. Place a French bread crouton in each bowl.
9. Top crouton with cheese.
10. Place bowls in the microwave for 1 minute until cheese melts.
11. Serve immediately