- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Simple French Onion Soup Recipe
|Beef bouillon||3 Can (30 oz)|
|Butter||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Onions||2 Large, thinly sliced|
|French bread loaf||1|
|Swiss cheese||1 Pound, sliced|
Calories 491 Calories from Fat 220
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.2%
Saturated Fat 15.4 g76.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 74.9 mg25%
Sodium 1123.9 mg46.8%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.6 g14.2%
Sugars 5.4 g
Protein 29 g57%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 12.8%
Calcium 64.9% Iron 13.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 475° F.
2) In a saucepan, heat the beef bouillon and keep aside.
3) In a frying pan, saute the onions in the butter, until browned.
4) Stir into the bouillon along with the seasonings and refrigerate, until needed.
5) Slice the bread, toast and keep aside.
6) In a large casserole, pour the soup and sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese on top; reserve 1 cup soup.
7) Arrange a layer of toasted bread slices over the soup and sprinkle with 1/2 the remaining cheese, then the remaining bread and cheese.
8) Lastly pour over the reserved soup.
9) Place in the preheated oven for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
10) Serve the French Onion Soup, immediately in soup bowls.