- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Hot French Onion Soup Recipe
|Medium onions||1⁄2 Pound|
|Brown stock||6 Cup (96 tbs) (Boiling)|
|Salt||To Taste (Depending On Flavor Of Stock)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|French bread slice||2 , crusts trimmed off (1 Per Serving)|
|Grated swiss cheese||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 1101 Calories from Fat 634
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 72 g111.2%
Saturated Fat 15.6 g78.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 69.1 mg
Sodium 4500 mg187.5%
Total Carbohydrates 91 g30.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.3%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 23 g45.6%
Vitamin A 15.1% Vitamin C 14.2%
Calcium 24.6% Iron 7.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Heat the butter in a large pan.
3. Add the onion rings, and simmer until soft.
4. Add flour and sugar, stir and cook 1 minute.
5. Slowly, stir in the stock, and season to taste.
6. Bring back to the boiling point, and simmer, covered, 30 minutes.
7. Shortly before serving, toast the bread slices lightly.
8. Heat oven to 400°F.
9. Place toasted bread slices in ovenproof soup bowls.
10. Pour the soup over the toast, then sprinkle the grated cheese on the floating toast.
11. Place in the oven to melt the cheese.