- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Onion Soup Recipe
|Onions||3 , thinly sliced|
|Consomme/Beef broth soup||30 Ounce (3 Tins)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Bread||1 , toasted|
|Gruyere cheese/Mozzarella cheese||2 Ounce|
Calories 171 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.3%
Saturated Fat 4.4 g22.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.1 mg
Sodium 539.5 mg22.5%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 3.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 4.3% Vitamin C 9.7%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In large pot melt butter, separate and add onions, cooking until tender and yellow, then stir in flour.
2. When almost done add tins of soup and salt, simmer for 30 minutes and add wine
3. Fit bowls with toast trimming them to adjust and add shredded cheese.
4. Cook in oven or preferably in a broiled until cheese is melted and bubbly.
5. Serve hot over beverages such as coffee and tea.