- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Onion Scallop Recipe
|Onions||6 Large, sliced|
|All purpose flour||4 Tablespoon|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Processed swiss cheese||8 Ounce|
|French bread slices||6|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60 mg
Sodium 1062.1 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 65 g21.7%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g26.2%
Sugars 18.3 g
Protein 20 g39.9%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 38.8%
Calcium 45.3% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Grease a 6-cup baking dish with butter.
2) In a large saucepan, boil water.
3) In boiled water, add onions, over the pan and cook for 10-12 minutes or until onions are soft but firm.
4) In a medium size saucepan, melt butter or margarine. Remove from heat.
5) In the pan, blend flour salt and pepper with milk and worcestershire sauce.
6) Again put the pan and fire, cook the ingredeints while stirring continuously and let them boil for 1 minutes.
7) Cook until sauce thickens.
8) Pour the sauce over onions, blend well and arrange bread cubes on the edge of onions.
9) In moderate oven, at temperature 350°, bake the onions for 30 minutes or until crubs are golden brown.
10)Serve the hot onion scallop as side dish.