- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Bistro Style Moules Frites Recipe Video
|Russet potato||6 Large|
|Vegetable oil||1 Quart|
|Duck fat||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Black pepper||1 Teaspoon (as per taste)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Italian parsley||5 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Mussel||2 Pound (live, in shell)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|White wine||1⁄2 Bottle (0.5 l)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Medium, chopped|
|Fennel bulb||1 Medium, roughly chopped|
|Thyme leaf||2 Medium|
|Italian seasoning||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 1929 Calories from Fat 1550
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 175 g269.5%
Saturated Fat 28.7 g143.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70.2 mg
Sodium 1178.7 mg49.1%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 10.1 g
Protein 23 g46.5%
Vitamin A 32.8% Vitamin C 73.2%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 49.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Scrub potatoes to remove dirt.
2. Cut them into evenly sized “sticks”.
3. Allow cut potatoes to sit in cold salted water for 1-2 hours.
4. In a heavy bottomed pan (Dutch oven or iron skillet) heat oil to 275- 300 degrees.
5. Fry for 5-7 minutes until golden brown.
6. When golden brown, remove fries with a slotted or metal mesh spoon and place on a cooling rack generously lined with paper towels.
7. Continue with all potato slices.
8. Hold live mussels in cold, salted water until ready to prepare.
9. Remove beards and discard any open mussels.
10. Prepare sauce by coating large saucepan with olive oil and sauté the onion and fennel over medium heat until softened (not brown).
11. Add butter, garlic and spices.
12. Add cream and stir as you bring mixture to a simmer.
13. Add mussels to pan and cover with white wine; stir and coat mussels with sauce.
14. Cover with lid and let mussels steam.
15. Bring oil back up to frying temperature (275-300 degrees) while mussels are steaming.
16. Add fries back to hot oil and fry for 2-3 minutes (1/2 batch at a time).
17. Remove from pan and drain on clean, dry paper towels.
18. Brush lightly with melted butter, parsley, garlic mixture and sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper to taste
19. Serve mussel with fries garnished with rosemary and thyme.
For more recipes please visit The Brown Lounge Website