- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Macarons Recipe Video
|For the macarons|
|White sugar||200 Gram|
|Almond flour||200 Gram (superfine)|
|Powdered sugar||200 Gram|
|Egg whites||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Yellow food color||2 Drop|
|For the filling|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 278 Calories from Fat 102
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.6%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 83.2 mg
Sodium 6.5 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.72 g2.9%
Sugars 41.1 g
Protein 2 g4.2%
Vitamin A 6.5% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 1.5% Iron 1.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven if in fan oven then 320°F or at 350°F in a static oven.
2. Prepare a lined baking pan with with parchment paper.
3. In a saucepan boil ¼ cup of water along with 7 oz of sugar to make sugar syrup, the temperature should reaches 245°F (118°C).
4. Beat half of the egg whites, that is less than 1/3 cup, until stiff in a stand mixer bowl, once the egg whites are stiff and the syrup in a thin stream and mix at medium-slow speed.
5. Add the food coloring and speed up the mixer, and let the mixture run until cold.
6. The meringue is ready, in a bowl combine sifted almond flour and the powdered sugar then add the remaining egg whites you'll get a thick consistency.
7. Start adding spoonful of the dough to the almonds mixture, just to soften them the remaining dough can be added later, stirring gently from top to bottom so the meringue doesn't collapse.
8. After the dough is blended put in a pastry bag with a smooth nozzle 3/10-inch (8 mm) wide, and pipe many small balls of 1-1,5 inches (3-4 cm) in diameter onto a baking pan.
9. Let them rest for at least half an hour.
10. Bake for at least 10 minutes. And let it cool for further 2 minutes with the door ajar.
11. Beat the yolks with the sugar in a bowl and pour them into a small saucepan together with the juice and the zest of the 2 lemons, cook until you get a nice smooth and thick consistency.
12. Once done remove from heat and fold in the butter when the butter is melted place the custard in the fridge to set.
13. Pipe the custard on the flat side of the macaroon and then cover with the other flat side, continue till all macaroons are done.
14. Serve the macaroons cold.
You can keep the macaroons in the fridge for at least one night in a sealed container before serving.
You will get about 40 macarons that is 80 cookies from the batter.