- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
How to Make French Macarons - A Tutorial Recipe Video
|For the shell:|
|Egg whites||2 Medium|
|Granulated sugar||30 Gram|
|Confectioner's sugar||200 Gram|
|For the filling:|
|Condensed milk||198 Gram|
|Unsalted butter||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 294 Calories from Fat 90
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g16.2%
Saturated Fat 3.2 g15.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 14.9 mg
Sodium 45.2 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 46 g15.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.5 g6.2%
Sugars 42.3 g
Protein 6 g11.4%
Vitamin A 3.5% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 9.9% Iron 3.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Break 2 egg whites in a bowl and place in the refrigerator overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 280 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Line a tray with parchment paper.
4. For the shell: In a blender, add almonds, pistachios and confectionery sugar and grind together and set aside.
5. Add the cold egg whites into the mixer and whip. Add granulated sugar and continue to whip until peaks are formed.
6. Fold in the pistachio-almond-sugar mix into the egg whites.
7. Place the mix into a pastry bag.
8. Squeeze the macaroons onto the parchment paper and set aside for an hour.
9. For the filling: In a pan on medium heat, add condensed milk, butter, vanilla and stir. Stir constantly.
10. Add heavy cream when the mix is coming off the pan and continue to stir for 2 more minutes. Then, take off the heat and let it cool.
11. Pop the macaroons into the oven for 15-20 minutes.
12. Remove from oven and remove the macaroons from the parchment paper.
13. Spoon some of the filling onto a macaroon and close with another macaroon.
14. Plate and serve as a dessert.