- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Hot Chocolate Recipe
|Unsweetened chocolate squares||4 Ounce|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Pure vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), whipped|
Calories 598 Calories from Fat 304
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.6%
Saturated Fat 21.6 g108%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 66.8 mg
Sodium 287.7 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.3%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.3%
Sugars 48.2 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 14.7% Vitamin C 0.52%
Calcium 37.9% Iron 28.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In saucepan place chocolate and water and stir over low heat until melted and smooth.
2. Slowly stir in milk, then add cream, sugar, salt, mace and allspice.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until milk is hot.
4. Stir in vanilla and almond extract and carefully blend nutmeg into whipped cream.
5. Top each cup of hot chocolate with a spoonful of the whipped cream and serve.