- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Fruit Pie Recipe
|Egg yolk||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Soft butter||4 Tablespoon|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Preserved apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar syrup||4 Tablespoon (thick)|
|9 inch baked pie shell||1|
Calories 456 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29.7%
Saturated Fat 9.2 g46.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 115.3 mg
Sodium 167.3 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 37.7 g
Protein 3 g5.9%
Vitamin A 13.1% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 15.4% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, beat together sugar and egg yolk.
2) Stir milk in the yolk mixture.
3) Heat the yolk mixture, until thick but do not boil.
4) Mix the extract in the yolk mixture.
5) Pour the yolk mixture in the pie shell and coat thinly.
6) Spread the preserved apricots over the yolk mixture.
7) Glaze the top with sugar syrup.
8) Cut in wedges and serve sprinkled with icing sugar if desired.