- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Fried Yams Recipe
|Parsley sprigs||1 (As Required, For Garnishing)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 98 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.37 g1.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 168.1 mg7%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.7 g11%
Sugars 0.3 g
Protein 1 g2.1%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 19.4%
Calcium 1.2% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 350Â°F before baking.
2) Place the yams on baking sheet and bake them for about 25 minutes in preheated oven until just tender.
3) Allow yams to cool and skin and discard skins.
4) Slice yams into 2 x 1/4-inch sticks and weigh 12 ounces yam sticks.
5) Froze the remaining yam for use at a later date.
6) Take a 9-inch skillet and heat a mixture of margarine and oil in it.
7) Stir in yams and sautÃ© them over medium heat until crispy outside and tender inside.
8) Season with salt and serve at once after garnishing with parsley.