- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Fillets Recipe
|Boneless skinless flounder fillet||8|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Milk-free margarine||3 Tablespoon|
|Chopped cashews||2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Parsley flakes||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 740 Calories from Fat 430
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 48 g74.1%
Saturated Fat 14 g70.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 238 mg
Sodium 1129.9 mg47.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 10.2 g
Protein 46 g92.5%
Vitamin A 8.9% Vitamin C 10.6%
Calcium 13.5% Iron 26.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Season the fillets with the salt and pepper to taste.
2) In a shallow dish, beat the egg, salt, pepper and water together.
3) In another shallow dish, place the flour.
4) Dredge each fillet in the flour, then the egg mixture and coat well.
5) In a skillet, heat about 2 tablespoons oil, add further if required.
6) Lay the fish in a single layer and gently cook over a medium heat until evenly golden brown.
7) Remove the fish on a warm platter, keep warm.
8) In the same skillet, melt the margarine, then stir in the cashewnuts and lemon juice.
9) Stir until the nuts are toasted and pour over the fish.
10) Sprinkle with the parsley and serve immediately.