- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Dip Sandwich Recipe Video
|Au jus mix||3 7⁄10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Roast beef||8 Ounce|
|Horseraddish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer batter mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (homemade batter)|
|Lettuce leaves||2 Large|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 1252 Calories from Fat 277
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 30 g46.2%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.7 mg15.6%
Sodium 8433.3 mg351.4%
Total Carbohydrates 190 g63.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.5 g18%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 119.3% Vitamin C 61.9%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 30.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
2. Take the spring onion bulbs, dip them into the batter and deep fry them in the oil. Fry for 7 - 8 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
3. In a large saucepan, prepare the au jus as per the package instructions. Bring it down to a simmer and add the beef, cooking until the beef is heated through, for about 5 minutes.
4. On a plate, slice open the hoagie roll and spread the 2 slices with the horseradish sauce.
5. Top the sauce with beef slices. Cover it with the other sauce down.
6. Plate the lettuce leaves and scoop the potato salad onto the leaves and garnish it with chives.
7. Slice the hoagie roll in half on a bias and serve it with the potato salad and a small bowl of au jus for dipping.