- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Dip Sandwich Recipe Video
|Au jus mix||3 7⁄10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Roast beef||8 Ounce|
|Horseraddish sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Potato salad||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beer batter mix||1 Cup (16 tbs) (homemade batter)|
|Lettuce leaves||2 Large|
|Chives||2 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
Calories 1231 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.8%
Saturated Fat 3.6 g18.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 110.1 mg
Sodium 7899.8 mg329.2%
Total Carbohydrates 172 g57.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 51 g101.7%
Vitamin A 116% Vitamin C 59.4%
Calcium 12.3% Iron 19.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oil to 350 degrees F.
2. Take the spring onion bulbs, dip them into the batter and deep fry them in the oil. Fry for 7 - 8 minutes or until golden brown. Once done, remove on paper towels to absorb excess oil.
3. In a large saucepan, prepare the au jus as per the package instructions. Bring it down to a simmer and add the beef, cooking until the beef is heated through, for about 5 minutes.
4. On a plate, slice open the hoagie roll and spread the 2 slices with the horseradish sauce.
5. Top the sauce with beef slices. Cover it with the other sauce down.
6. Plate the lettuce leaves and scoop the potato salad onto the leaves and garnish it with chives.
7. Slice the hoagie roll in half on a bias and serve it with the potato salad and a small bowl of au jus for dipping.