- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Dip Roast Beef Sandwiches Recipe
|Shallot||1 , chopped|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Canned beef consomme||28 Ounce (2 Cans Of 14 Ounce Each)|
|Beef roast||1 1⁄2 Pound, deli sliced|
|Steak seasoning/Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper||To Taste (Montreal Seasoning By Mccormick)|
|Sandwich rolls||4 (Torpedo)|
Calories 629 Calories from Fat 138
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 6.3 g31.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 162.1 mg
Sodium 2179.6 mg90.8%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 2 g
Protein 72 g143.4%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 0.89%
Calcium 0.5% Iron 1.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Arrange 4 ramekins or soup bowls.
2) In a large shallow skillet, saute shallots in melted butter over moderate heat for 2 minutes.
3) Add flour and cook for further 1 minute.
4) Stir in sherry and let the liquid absorb.
5) In slow stream, whisk in consomme.
6) Let the sauce boils and simmer it until serving the sandwiches.
7) On a large work surfact, pile the roasted beef loosely and season with salt and pepper or grill seasoning.
8) Gather 4 torpedo rolls, dip the beef into sauce and arrange on the rolls.
9) Serve the sandwiches individually with extra sauce in the ramekins alongside.