- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Cream Slices Recipe
|For first layer|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking chocolate||1 Ounce|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|For second layer|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Instant french vanilla pudding mix||2 Tablespoon|
|Powdered sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Semi sweet chocolate||4 Ounce|
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 345
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g60.7%
Saturated Fat 23.9 g119.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 81.4 mg
Sodium 128.7 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 59 g19.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 50.2 g
Protein 5 g10.2%
Vitamin A 13.4% Vitamin C 0.27%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare the first layer, in a saucepan or double boiler set up, mix together butter, sugar and baking chocolate.
2) Over a low flame, stir the mixture gently.
3) Add in the vanilla extract along with the beaten egg. You can skip the egg at this stage and use 1/2 cup of butter or margarine instead.
4) Cook on simmer for 5 minutes, while stirring.
5) Add in the Graham cracker crumbs, chopped nuts and flaked coconut into the mixture. Mix well.
6) Take a 9-inch square pan and press the above mixture into the pan. Let the crust chill for about 15 minutes.
7) Meanwhile, prepare the second layer by creaming together the butter, vanilla pudding mix, sugar and milk. Beat till fluffy.
8) Spread the pudding mixture evenly over the first layer.
9) Let the pan chill for another 15 minutes.
10) The last step is to prepare the glaze. In a small saucepan melt the butter along with semisweet chocolate. Spread the glaze over the chilled second layer.
11) Chill the pan once more before slicing and serving.
12) You can keep the French Cream Slices refrigerated or frozen.