- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Chocolate Balls Recipe
|Semisweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce|
|Semi sweet chocolate chips||12 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground walnuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sweetened condensed milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Shredded coconut||2 Tablespoon|
|Nuts||2 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Nuts/Powdered sugar||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3231 Calories from Fat 1614
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 188 g289.4%
Saturated Fat 57.8 g288.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 78 mg
Sodium 1541.6 mg64.2%
Total Carbohydrates 369 g123%
Dietary Fiber 11.5 g46.1%
Sugars 252 g
Protein 52 g103.5%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 13.8%
Calcium 79.7% Iron 22.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease a baking sheet or line it with wax paper.
2. In a 1 ½ quart microwave proof bowl, empty chocolate chips.
3. Place in the microwave and melt, for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Stir remaining ingredients into the melted chocolate and blend well.
5. Let the mixture cool for 5 minutes.
6. Use a rounded tablespoon measure to shape the mixture into walnut size (1-inch) balls. Roll each ball in coconut, chopped nuts or powdered sugar.
7. Arrange them on the baking sheet.
8. Place tray in the refrigerator until chocolates are hardened.
9. Wrap in sweet wrapper or place in foil lines sweet cases or simple arrange in a candy jar if you like and serve at a party or at hi-tea as petit-fours