- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Chocolate Recipe
|Chocolate syrup||3 Tablespoon|
|Light corn syrup||2 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chilled|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Calories 229 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.2%
Saturated Fat 8.8 g44%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 52.7 mg17.6%
Sodium 66.3 mg2.8%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.29 g1.2%
Sugars 15.2 g
Protein 4 g7.7%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 0.04%
Calcium 14.7% Iron 1.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium (4 cup) measure (make sure its microwave proof) combine syrups, water and vanilla.
2. Heat in the microwave for about 30 seconds, until hot.
3. In a cold bowl, whip cream until stiff.
4. Add the chocolate mixture and gently fold in until well blended.
5. Place milk in the same measure and heat for about 2 minutes until hot but not boiling.
6. Spoon the chocolate cream into 4 coffee cups (tasse) filling half full.
7. Pour the warm milk over the cream
8. Stir gently and serve immediately.