- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Cherry Dessert Recipe
|Corn flakes/1/2 cup corn flakes crumbs||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Sifted regular all purpose flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sifted all purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 , well beaten|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flaked coconut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), halved and drained|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3380 Calories from Fat 1495
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g259.7%
Saturated Fat 92.3 g461.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 667 mg
Sodium 1693.3 mg70.6%
Total Carbohydrates 444 g147.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.8 g75.1%
Sugars 286.7 g
Protein 45 g90.8%
Vitamin A 95.3% Vitamin C 29.3%
Calcium 43.3% Iron 129.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Combine confectioners sugar, the 1/2 cup flour and Corn Flake Crumbs in mixing bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse corn meal. With tablespoon press into bottom of 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan.
3. Bake in moderate oven (350° F.) about 25 minutes or until lightly browned.
4. Sift together the 1/4 cup flour, baking powder and salt.
5. Beat eggs, granulated sugar and vanilla. Stir in sifted dry ingredients. Fold in nuts, coconut and cherries. Spread over baked crust.
6. Bake in slow oven (325° F.) about 45 minutes or until done. Cool. To serve cut into squares and top with whipped topping or ice cream.