- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
|Cheese||4 Ounce, cut in thin slices|
|Mustard/Chutney||1 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Salt||1⁄4 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Butter/Margarine||3 Ounce (For Frying)|
|Watercress||1 (To Garnish)|
Calories 919 Calories from Fat 565
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.7%
Saturated Fat 37.3 g186.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 368.5 mg
Sodium 1180.6 mg49.2%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.7%
Sugars 4.8 g
Protein 32 g63.8%
Vitamin A 39.4% Vitamin C 0.79%
Calcium 60% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Prepare 4 sandwiches, with the use of bread, cheese and mustard or chutney.
2) Press firmly and trim off the crusted sides.
3) In a bowl, whisk eggs, milk and salt lightly together.
4) Use a shallow pie plate or bowl to pour the mixture.
5) In a frying pan, heat the butter or margarine until hot.
6) Dip each sandwich into the egg mixture for both the sides, allowing the bread to soak up the liquid. Drain the liquid mixture.
7) Place the sandwich on hot fat and brown on both sides.
8) Cut in halves and garnish with a sprig of watercress. Serve with sweet pickles or chutney.