- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Classic French Canadian Yellow Pea Soup Recipe Video
|Yellow peas||3 Cup (48 tbs) (split or whole, soaked overnight as per package instructions)|
|Chicken stock||8 Cup (128 tbs)|
|Ham bone||1 Pound|
|Carrot||3 Medium, chopped|
|Onion||2 Medium, chopped|
|Celery ribs||3 Medium, chopped|
|Bay leaf||2 Medium|
|Garlic clove||2 Medium, minced|
Calories 627 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g26.5%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 66.5 mg22.2%
Sodium 1317.8 mg54.9%
Total Carbohydrates 90 g30%
Dietary Fiber 29.6 g118.4%
Sugars 19.4 g
Protein 51 g102.5%
Vitamin A 109.6% Vitamin C 27.8%
Calcium 11.8% Iron 27.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Place a heavy stock pot on medium-high heat, add bacon and brown but not too crispy.
2) Lower the heat, add the onions and celery, just sweat these down.
3) Add rest of the ingredients except vinegar, bring up to a boil and then reduce to a low simmer. Cover and cook for about 2 hours stirring occasionally.
4) Remove the ham bone, cut off any meat and add back to the soup.
5) Lastly stir in the vinegar.
6) Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with some dinner rolls.