- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Beans and Onions Recipe
|French beans||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Butter||1 Ounce (25 Grams)|
|Pepper||To Taste, milled|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 105 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.1%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 15.2 mg
Sodium 108.3 mg4.5%
Total Carbohydrates 11 g3.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 3.1 g
Protein 3 g5.1%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 4.2%
Calcium 1% Iron 0.43%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the beans.
2. Trim the ends.
3. Peel the onion and chop it finely.
4. In a large saucepan, bring salted water to a rolling boil.
5. Tip the beans into the boiling water and cook for about 15 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
6. In the mean time, in a skillet or frying pan, melt the butter.
7. Add the onion and sautÃ© for 15 minutes, covering it partially, until tender.
8. When beans are cooked, drain well.
9. Tip them into the pan with onion and sautÃ© lightly to coat with butter and mix with onion.
10. Reheat, adding vinegar and seasoning to taste.
11. Serve immediately while hot and tender-crisp.