- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Bean And Potato Soup Recipe
|Dried great northern beans/Dried navy beans||1⁄2 Pound|
|Water||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Dry red wine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lean salt pork/Smoked ham||12 Ounce, cut into 1-inch cubes|
|Potatoes||3 , cubed|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Frozen green beans||10 Ounce, Defrosted (1 Package)|
|Tomatoes||3 , peeled and cubed|
|Chopped fresh parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 791 Calories from Fat 354
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 39 g59.4%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75 mg
Sodium 2498 mg104.1%
Total Carbohydrates 76 g25.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.6 g74.5%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 30 g59.8%
Vitamin A 21.8% Vitamin C 83.5%
Calcium 14% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a slow cooker, soak beans in water overnight.
2) Do not drain the water.
3) Stir in wine, pork, potatoes, garlic, salt, and pepper.
4) Put the lid on and cook over high heat for about 3 hours until the vegetables are tender.
5) Stir in the green beans and tomatoes and allow to cook for 10 minutes more.
6) Serve hot sprinkled with chopped parsley.