- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Apple Flan Recipe
|Sweet shortcrust pastry||8 Ounce|
|Eating apples||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Lemon juice||3 Tablespoon|
|Apricot jam||4 Tablespoon, sieved|
|Single cream||175 Milliliter|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Caster sugar||2 Ounce|
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.6 mg
Sodium 54.3 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 95 g31.5%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.5%
Sugars 41.4 g
Protein 8 g15%
Vitamin A 10.1% Vitamin C 22.2%
Calcium 6.6% Iron 3.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven at 220°C/375°F/ Gas Mark 7.
2. Take a 25 cm / 10 inch flan tin, roll out, line it with the pastry to form case and chill for 30 minutes.
3. For the filling peel and core apples and slice thinly.
4. In a bowl toss the apple slices with lemon juice, drain it, arrange over the pastry case in concentric circles and brush with apricot jam.
5. In a preheated oven bake the pastry for 10 minutes and lower the heat to 190°C/350°F/ Gas Mark 5.
6. In a bowl whisk single cream, beaten eggs and caster sugar and pour the mixture over the slices of apple carefully.
7. Place the flan back in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes, such that the pastry is golden and the filling is cooked.
8. Serve warm with any beverage or as desired.