- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
French Apple Dessert Recipe
|Crisp apples||4 Large|
|Lemon juice||1⁄2 Tablespoon (Juice From 1/2 Lemon)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1308 Calories from Fat 651
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 74 g113.1%
Saturated Fat 46.8 g234%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 231.4 mg
Sodium 36.6 mg1.5%
Total Carbohydrates 168 g55.9%
Dietary Fiber 20.6 g82.2%
Sugars 137.8 g
Protein 3 g5.4%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C 67.2%
Calcium 13.2% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Remove the skin of apple, core and pare it into ½ inch thick wedges. Spray lemon juice over it.
3. Take a 12X8 inch shallow baking dish and spread half of the softened butter over it. Tilt the dish so that butter gets coated to bottom and sides.
4. Mix cinnamon and sugar and blend it with apples by tossing it.
5. Arrange apples such that they overlap the wedges in baking dish. Top with the remaining butter.
6. Bake at 400° for about half an hour.
7. Spoon the cream over apples.
8. Bake the mixture for additional five minutes by increasing the temperature to 475°F.
9. Serve the cake warm.