- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Original Pot Roast Recipe
|Beef chuck roast||3 Pound, frozen|
|Beef chuck roast||3 Pound, completely frozen (Completely Frozen, 1 Piece)|
|Dry onion soup mix||1 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Envelope)|
|New potatoes||1 Pound, peeled and quartered (Or 4 Small)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced (For 2 Crust Pie)|
|Sliced celery||1 Cup (16 tbs), cut 1 inch thick|
|Carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), slivered, cut 2-inches long|
|Slivered carrots||2 Cup (32 tbs), cut 2 inches long|
|Onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), thinly sliced|
|Thinly sliced onions||1 Cup (16 tbs), separated into rings|
Calories 766 Calories from Fat 327
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g56%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 300 mg
Sodium 1054.4 mg43.9%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g12.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.6%
Sugars 6.7 g
Protein 99 g197.5%
Vitamin A 216.6% Vitamin C 50.6%
Calcium 7.1% Iron 7.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 4-quart casserole, place the completely frozen meat.
2) Cook the meat, covered tightly for 30 minutes on Low.
3) Turn over the meat and add in 1/2 of onion-soup mix.
4) Again cook, covered for an additional 30 minutes on Low.
5) Toss over the meat again and add in rest of the onion-soup mix.
6) Mix in vegetables and then top it with onion rings.
7) Cook, covered for 20 to 30 minutes on Low until meat and vegetables become soft.
8) Keep aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
9) Serve warm.