- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Freezer Strawberry Jam Recipe
|Fresh ripe strawberries||1 Quart, cleaned and hulled (About 2 1/2 Cups Mashed Berries)|
|Powdered fruit pectin||4⁄5 Ounce (1/2 Box Of 1 3/4 Ounce)|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2698 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.5%
Saturated Fat 0.15 g0.77%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 54.8 mg2.3%
Total Carbohydrates 693 g231%
Dietary Fiber 20.9 g83.5%
Sugars 645.7 g
Protein 6 g12.8%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 927.2%
Calcium 15.9% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Slice the strawberries and place in 2-qt measure or 3-qt casserole.
2) Mash them well.
2) Add pectin to mashed berries.
3) Microwave the mixture at High 6-10, or until mixture boils at full speed from all sides and in center.
4) Stir in half time during cooking.
5) Add in sugar.
6) Microwave at High 4-6 1/2 minutes, or until mixture boils at full speed from all sides and in center.
7) Stir after 3 minutes followed by every minute to prevent the boiling mixture spills outside.
8) Let it boil for 1 minute.
9) Use the raspberry jam on toast and pancakes.
11) It can also be used as a filling in raspberry pie.
10) If not using, keep in refrigerator or store in hot sterilized jar.