- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Freezer Meals with Jenny Stanger Recipe Video
|Whole chicken||2 Pound|
|Broccoli||2 Pound ((frozen bags usually cost less))|
|Cooked rice||5 Cup (80 tbs) (leftovers)|
|Cream of chicken soup||4 Can (40 oz)|
|Sour cream||16 Ounce|
|Onion flakes||1 Tablespoon (or 1/2 onion chopped)|
|Ritz crackers||200 Gram, crushed (2 packets)|
|Garlic salt||4 Teaspoon|
|Parmesan cheese||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Calories 883 Calories from Fat 459
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g79.1%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 148.4 mg49.5%
Sodium 2241.2 mg93.4%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g22.9%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.4%
Sugars 7.5 g
Protein 37 g73.8%
Vitamin A 37.7% Vitamin C 180.6%
Calcium 31.1% Iron 35.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Steam broccoli in microwave for 6 minutes, cube chicken (if chicken is uncooked, place in microwave for 6 minutes.)
2. Mix sauce together in a large bowl. Add rice, steamed broccoli and cooked chicken.
3. Spread mixture in bottom of each 9 x 13 aluminium foil pans.
4. Mix together topping in a ziptop bag and poor over the top of both casseroles. Wrap casseroles in plastic wrap and label (350 degrees for 30 minutes, or 1 hour frozen and freeze.
5.To serve: Bake a frozen casserole at 350 degrees for 1 hour OR defrost casserole 24 hours in the refrigerator. pre-heat oven to 350 degrees and then cook for 30 minutes, or until warmed all the way through.
6. Serve warm with a healthy tossed green salad or with steamed green beans or asparagus.