- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Arabic Freekeh Recipe Video
|Freekeh||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooked|
|Cooking oil||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 443 Calories from Fat 58
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1 g5.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 235.8 mg9.8%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.7%
Dietary Fiber 12.8 g51.4%
Sugars 8.6 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 3.2% Iron 29.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash the freekeh very well with water until the water is clear.
2. Soak the freekeh in water for about half an hour and drain.
3. Heat up oil in a pan or pot.
4. Add the freekeh to the heated oil in the pot.
5. Stir for few min until all the water is evaporated.
6. Add the chicken broth, little by little and let it boil on high heat for a little while then cover and simmer until it is tender and soft and all the broth has been absorbed for about 15-20 minutes.
7. Serve in a platter, topped with chicken and fried almonds and pine nuts.
8. Serve with plain yogurt or fresh green salad.