- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tailgating Recipe: Frankly Fabulous Dip Recipe Video
|Hot dogs||1⁄2 Pound|
|Canned crushed tomatoes||28 Ounce (1 can)|
|Sour cream||8 Ounce|
|Chopped green onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (green tops included)|
|Red pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Shredded cheddar jack cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Jalapeno pepper||8 Ounce|
|Tortilla chips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 904 Calories from Fat 555
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 62 g95.6%
Saturated Fat 25.9 g129.5%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 121.6 mg40.5%
Sodium 1564.3 mg65.2%
Total Carbohydrates 63 g20.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.7 g34.7%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 30 g61%
Vitamin A 74.6% Vitamin C 91.5%
Calcium 64% Iron 28.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a food processor, place the hot dogs pieces and process it until minced and pureed.
2. In the slow cooker, put together hot dog meat, tomatoes, sour cream, green onions, cheddar cheese, red pepper sauce and pepper.
3. Cover the cooker and let it cook for about 1½ hours or until the sauce is steaming hot and cheesy.
4. Transfer the hot mixture into a foil pan, cover with a foil and cook it in indirect heat for 20 minutes.
5. Serve warm with tortilla chips or scoops.
You can make this ahead of time, cool it and refrigerate or freeze it until needed.