- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Frangipane Fruit Tart Recipe Video
|Plain flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Salted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cold water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Whole almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), roasted|
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Ounce|
|Confectioner's sugar||1 1⁄4 Ounce|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4273 Calories from Fat 2628
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 301 g462.9%
Saturated Fat 167 g835.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 863.5 mg287.8%
Sodium 1398.7 mg58.3%
Total Carbohydrates 373 g124.5%
Dietary Fiber 26.6 g106.3%
Sugars 137.9 g
Protein 46 g92%
Vitamin A 212% Vitamin C 84.7%
Calcium 36.2% Iron 35.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. On a clean surface, place flour.
3. Cut butter into pieces and add to the flour; mix well until all the butter is incorporated.
4. Add cold water and knead until dough forms a ball.
5. Wrap the dough in a plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
6. Meanwhile, prepare frangipane in a food processor; put together whole almond, sugar and confectioner’s sugar and process until powdered.
7. Add 3 ounce butter and blend.
8. While the blender is still on, add 1 egg and blend until the mixture comes together.
9. On a clean work surface, roll the dough in rectangular until about 1 inch thick.
10. Fold the dough in thirds from the middle and roll it again.
11. Roll the dough into a circle.
12. Transfer the rolled out dough on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
13. Apply frangipane on the surface of the dough.
14. Cut wedges of peach and arrange them on the surface of the frangipane in a thick circle.
15. Fold over the dough on the peaches.
16. Bake in the oven for 45 minutes until crust is golden brown or fruit caramelized.
17. Cut the tart into wedges and serve.