- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Slow Cooked Honey Chicken Recipe Video
|Onion||1 , sliced|
|Sweet potatoes||3 , sliced|
|Figs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), quartered (dry figs)|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken thigh||12 (bone in)|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper powder||To Taste|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon||1 (juice from lemon extracted)|
Calories 365 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g8.9%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g7.2%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 114.5 mg
Sodium 229.6 mg9.6%
Total Carbohydrates 52 g17.2%
Dietary Fiber 6.2 g24.9%
Sugars 30.5 g
Protein 29 g59%
Vitamin A 215.6% Vitamin C 23.4%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 16%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedSlow cooker
1. In a slow cooker layer the sliced onions, followed by putting a layer of sweet potatoes on top of onions.
2. Now sprinkle half of the raisins and figs on top of sweet potato layer.
3. Arrange a layer of chicken, followed by sprinkling cinnamon, cardamom, cumin, salt, and pepper.
4. Then add apple slices and remaining figs and raisins.
5. Now add lemon juice and honey.
6. Pour in water to cover the ingredients in the cooker. Do not add water in excess; only that much so that the food is covered properly.
7. Plug in the slow cooker for around 5 hours on high setting.
8. Serve with chicken dish with rice.