- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fragrant Chicken Biryani Recipe
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
|Shallots||2 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Boneless chicken breasts||2 , skinned|
|Biryani paste||2 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Pint|
|Natural yogurt||1⁄4 Pint|
|Basmati rice||8 Ounce, well rinsed and drained|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, flaked|
|Cucumber pieces||3 (3-inch)|
|Mint||3 7⁄20 Ounce (a small bunch)|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
Calories 3219 Calories from Fat 2188
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 251 g386.5%
Saturated Fat 39.8 g199.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 143.6 mg
Sodium 1581.4 mg65.9%
Total Carbohydrates 177 g59.1%
Dietary Fiber 20.3 g81.3%
Sugars 25.9 g
Protein 75 g149.5%
Vitamin A 73.3% Vitamin C 63.4%
Calcium 44.3% Iron 63.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a frying pan, heat butter, 1 tablespoon of the oil, add shallots, garlic to the pan. Cook for about 2 minutes.
2. Using a pair of scissors, cut the chicken diagonally into thin slices. Add to the pan and stir-fry for 2 minutes until sealed.
3. Add the biryani paste and stir again for2-3 seconds. Stir in the stock, yogurt, sugar and raisins. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Add the rice, cover tightly and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until all the liquid has been absorbed and the chicken is tender.
5. In a frying pan, put the almonds and dry-fry until toasted.
6. Cut the tomatoes and cucumber into quarters and remove the seeds, then finely dice and place both in a small bowl. Cut the lime in half and squeeze half over the vegetables.
7. Cut the remainder of lime into wedges. Chop the mint and stir into the vegetables with the cayenne. 8. Heat about 1-inch of oil in a wok.
8. Fry the poppadoms in batches for 5 seconds, until golden. Drain on kitchen paper.
9. On to warmed serving plates, pile the biryani and garnish with the almonds and lime wedges.
10. Arrange the poppadoms around the edge of the plates and spoon small mounds of the salad on each one. Serve at once.