- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fragrant Asparagus And Orange Risotto Recipe
|Asparagus spears||4 Ounce, trimmed (115 Gram)|
|Vegetable stock||2 Pint (1.2 Liter / 5 Cups)|
|Low fat spread||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Celery stick||2 , trimmed|
|Leeks||2 Medium, shredded|
|Arborio rice||12 Ounce (350 Gram)|
Calories 471 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.4%
Saturated Fat 0.96 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 693.7 mg28.9%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 10.4 g41.7%
Sugars 22 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 43.8% Vitamin C 146.8%
Calcium 18.6% Iron 17.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Trim and thinly slice the fennel, reserve the fronds for garnish.
2) In a saucepan, boil the asparagus in water for 1 minute. Drain well and keep aside until needed.
3) In the same saucepan, add the stock and boil, then gently simmer over a low heat.
4) In a large saucepan, melt the low-fat spread and oil, then gently saute the fennel, celery and leeks for 3-4 minutes until just tender. Stir in the rice and cook for a further 2 minutes.
5) Stir in a ladle of stock to the pan and cook gently, until it is absorbed. Then continue to add the stock gradually into the rice and cook for about 25 minutes until the rice is thick, creamy and tender.
6) Extract juice from 1 orange and grate the rind finely, then stir in to the rice. Gently peel and pith rest of the oranges, cut out the orange segments over the pan and stir to the rice.
7) Then stir in the asparagus spears and add salt and pepper.
8) Garnish with the reserved fennel fronds and serve immediately.