- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Four Bean Salad Recipe
|Garbanzo beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked (1/2 cup dry) cooled to room temperature or chilled|
|Kidney beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked(1/3 cup dry) cooled to room temperature or chilled|
|Lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked fresh or frozen, cooled to room temperature or chilled|
|Yellow wax beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked fresh or frozen, cooled to room temperature or chilled|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Medium|
|Olive oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Rice vinegar||7 Teaspoon (Japanese, 2 Tablespoons Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Vegex vegetable soup seasoning/Worcestershire sauce||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dry tarragon||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Honey||4 Teaspoon (1 Tablespoon Plus 1 Teaspoon)|
|Pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon, freshly ground|
Calories 328 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 134.4 mg5.6%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.7%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 12 g23.4%
Vitamin A 2% Vitamin C 15.9%
Calcium 7% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, mix all the beans together.
2) In a food processor bowl with a metal blade, process the onion until finely chopped and add to the beans.
3) Add oil, vinegar, Vegex, salt, tarragon, lemon juice, honey and pepper, process to combine.
4) Stir into the beans mixture and refrigerate covered for at least 20 minutes for the flavors to blend.
5) Garnish with the green onions and serve chilled on individual serving dishes.