- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Foris Vineyards Winery Berry Port Cake Recipe
|Blackberries||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Raspberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs), drained, rinsed|
|Port wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||17 Tablespoon (1 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Pound (1/2 Cup, At Room Temperature)|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vanilla ice cream/Sweetened whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sweetened|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2664 Calories from Fat 977
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 111 g170.5%
Saturated Fat 65.6 g328.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 693.2 mg
Sodium 602.5 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 389 g129.7%
Dietary Fiber 15 g60%
Sugars 277.7 g
Protein 31 g61.9%
Vitamin A 75.3% Vitamin C 75.3%
Calcium 60.1% Iron 54.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Butter and flour a 9-inch cake pan with removable rim.
3. In a bowl with a mixer on high speed, beat 1 cup sugar and 1/2 cup butter until well blended, 2 to 3 minutes. Add eggs and beat until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup flour and baking powder. Stir to combine, then beat on high speed until the stiff batter is well blended, about 2 minutes.
5. Scrape batter into cake pan and spread top smooth. Drain wine marinade from berries and save. Evenly spoon berries and 2 tablespoons of the marinade over batter.
6. Bake in a 350° oven until cake begins to pull from pan rim, 50 to 55 minutes (40 to 45 minutes in a convection oven). Run a thin-bladed knife between cake and pan rim. Let cool at least 10 minutes.
7. Remove pan rim and sprinkle cake with a little more sugar. Top with remaining raspberries, cut into wedges, and moisten portions with reserved wine marinade. Accompany with scoops of ice cream.