- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sancocho de Gallina Dura (Panamanian Soup) Recipe Video
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Chives||4 Small, chopped|
|Whole chicken||3 Pound, cleaned|
|Yams||2 Large, peeled and chopped|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (or to taste1)|
|Pepper||1 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs) (or as needed)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3782 Calories from Fat 1874
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 208 g320%
Saturated Fat 59.2 g296.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1020.5 mg340.2%
Sodium 3019.6 mg125.8%
Total Carbohydrates 198 g65.9%
Dietary Fiber 33.7 g134.7%
Sugars 14.5 g
Protein 270 g539.7%
Vitamin A 244.3% Vitamin C 401.6%
Calcium 44.9% Iron 114.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the chicken into small pieces.
2) Season the chicken with the culantro, onion, paprika, garlic, chives and parsley. Also add some salt and pepper, and other preferred seasonings (if wanted).
3) Mix the chicken pieces really well with the seasonings and vegetables.
4) Put the chicken in a large pot and place the pot over medium high heat.
5) Add just enough water to cover the chicken and let it cook for about 30-35 minutes. Once the chicken is done, it should be very soft.
6) Add the yams once the chicken is soft and stir lightly. Cook till the yams are soft and have started to dissolve.
7) Once the soup is done, taste for seasoning and adjust, if needed.
8) Serve the soup while it is still hot.