- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Risotto Pancakes Recipe Video
|Risotto||2 Cup (32 tbs) (leftover)|
|Egg||1 Medium, lightly beaten|
|Fontina cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsalted|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
Calories 985 Calories from Fat 573
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 65 g99.9%
Saturated Fat 39.3 g196.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 220.7 mg
Sodium 672.1 mg28%
Total Carbohydrates 73 g24.3%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.2%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 27 g53.9%
Vitamin A 36.9% Vitamin C
Calcium 48.7% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, add the risotto gently mix in the egg.
2. Shape the risotto into thin, two inch rounds.
3. Place a heaping mound of grated Fonntina to half of the pancakes.
4. Then place a pancake over the cheese and compress two pancakes together with cheese in the middle to get 4 to 6 stuffed pancakes.
5. In a large, nonstick frying pan over medium heat, melt just 1 tablespoon of the butter (add more butter as needed to prevent sticking).
6. Place 2 to 3 of the pancakes into the pan and fry until light brown on the bottom, about 4 minutes.
7. Flip the pancakes and sprinkle each one with 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese.
8. Cover and cook until the cheese melts, about 1 minute.
9. Uncover and continue frying until light brown on the bottom, about 2 minutes longer. The Fontina Cheese has a nice melting characteristic and lends a nice richness to the pancakes.
10. Add finely diced cooked vegetables to the middle of the pancake and serve.