- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fondue Veal Strips Recipe
|Veal cutlets||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|All-purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Eggs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), beaten|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|For horseradish sauce|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Prepared horseradish||3 Tablespoon|
|For mustard sauce|
|Dairy sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dry onion soup mix||3 Tablespoon|
|Prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 611 Calories from Fat 322
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.2%
Saturated Fat 19.9 g99.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.1 mg97.4%
Sodium 1437 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.2%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.4%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 46 g91.7%
Vitamin A 22.9% Vitamin C 6.4%
Calcium 18.2% Iron 8.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pound the veal to a thickness of 1/8-inch and cut into 3x1-inch strips.
2) With a mixture of flour and ¼ teaspoon salt, coat the strips and then dip each into the egg.
3) Roll the strips in the bread crumbs and loosely thread them accordion-fashion onto a bamboo skewer.
4) Into a metal fondue cooker, pour the salad oil to ½ capacity.
5) Heat to a temperature of 425 degrees on range, but ensure that the oil does not smoke.
6) To the hot oil, add 1 teaspoon of salt and place the cooker over the fondue burner.
7) To make the Horseradish Sauce, whip the softened cream cheese with the prepared horseradish till the mixture is fluffy. Chill.
8) To make the Mustard Sauce, combine together the milk, dairy sour cream, dry onion soup mix and prepared mustard. Heat and stir the mixture without letting it boil.
9) Serve the Fondue Veal Strips with the prepared sauces. Let each guest fry the prepared veal strips in the hot oil till they have browned and dip in the preferred sauce. Makes a good main dish as well as an interesting appetizer.