- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fondue & Garden Vegetables Recipe Video
|Natural morning fresh whole milk||3 Cup (48 tbs), warmed|
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Pleasant ridge reserve cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), grated|
|Sea salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|White pepper||1 Pinch (to taste)|
|Fresh vegetables||2 Pound|
Calories 518 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g40.9%
Saturated Fat 17.1 g85.4%
Trans Fat 0.8 g
Cholesterol 86.9 mg
Sodium 882.2 mg36.8%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.7%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.8%
Sugars 19 g
Protein 27 g53.8%
Vitamin A 80.5% Vitamin C 12.7%
Calcium 64.3% Iron 1.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan heat milk and just bring it to simmer.
2. In another cast iron pan, melt butter and add flour to it. Mix it well.
3. Gradually pour milk in the skillet and simmer. Stir constantly and cook for 4-5 minutes until the milk becomes thick.
4. Remove the skillet from heat and add cheese, a little at a time. Mix until cheese melts and the mixture is smooth.
5. Sprinkle salt and pepper.
6. Serve fondue with fresh and steamed veggies.
Sprinkle a pinch of sugar in milk, to avoid burning at the bottom.
You may use any kind of full flavored, semi hard cheese to make the dish.
You may steam vegetables like asparagus, green beans, Chinese broccoli, and cauliflower, whereas celery, carrots, red bell pepper, and yellow squash can be served raw with fondue.