- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fogcrawler's Hearty Meat Lasagna Recipe Video
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped onion||1 Large|
|Spaghetti sauce||48 Ounce|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Oregano||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
|Cottage cheese||16 Ounce|
|Plain yogurt||12 Ounce|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Uncooked lasagna noodles||16 Ounce|
Calories 1798 Calories from Fat 1032
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 115 g177.1%
Saturated Fat 41.7 g208.4%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 394.7 mg
Sodium 2928 mg122%
Total Carbohydrates 96 g32.1%
Dietary Fiber 15.2 g60.9%
Sugars 22.9 g
Protein 100 g200.3%
Vitamin A 66.8% Vitamin C 30.5%
Calcium 94.6% Iron 75.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
To Make The Meat Mixture:
1) Brown the meat, garlic, onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the meat is crumbly and the garlic and onion are clear, remove heat and stir in spaghetti sauce, water, sugar, oregano, basil, thyme and sage. Salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
To Make The Cheese Mixture:
2) In a large mixing bowl beat eggs and combine cottage cheese, yogurt, parmesan cheese and set aside.
3) Spray a 14" dutch oven with olive oil spray. Place thin layer of meat mixture on the bottom of the oven. This will keep noodles from sticking.
4) Add a layer of uncooked lasagna noodles, 1/3 of the meat mixture, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1/3 of the grated mozzarella cheese. Repeat the layers and top with the remaining cheese mixture, meat mixture and mozzarella. Additional parmesan and cheddar cheese may also be used for added color and flavor.
5) Bake for one hour with one ring of briquettes on the lid (21-22 briquettes) and 1 loose ring (8-10 briquettes) under the oven.
6) Check and if needed, bake and additional 15-20 minutes with two rings of briquettes on the lid to brown the toppings. Let it stand 15 minutes before serving.
7) Serve hot with your choice of sides and enjoy!