- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fluffy Vegetable Omelette Recipe
|New potatoes||4 Ounce, boiled and diced|
|Mushrooms||2 Ounce, sliced|
|Red pepper||2 Ounce, deseeded and diced|
|Spring onion||1 , sliced|
|Eggs||2 Small, separated|
|Skimmed milk||1 Tablespoon|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Fresh parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Fresh thyme||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 75
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.8%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 321.7 mg107.2%
Sodium 824.9 mg34.4%
Total Carbohydrates 22 g7.5%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23%
Sugars 5.3 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 101.3% Vitamin C 220.2%
Calcium 15.8% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Beat together egg yolks with the skimmed milk and season it with salt & pepper.
2. Also whisk the egg whites till stiff. Then fold in the egg yolk mixture carefully and add the chopped parsley & thyme.
3. Now, in a heavy base frying pan, put together boiled and diced potatoes, sliced mushrooms, diced red peppers, sliced spring onions with 4 tablespoons of cold water.
3. For 1 to 2 minutes gently sautÃ© this mix of vegetables until thoroughly warmed and water has evaporated.
4. Now, into the hot frying pan with the vegetables add the egg yolk and egg white mixture.
5. Shake and cook the mixture in the pan over high heat for 1 to 2 minutes until the base is brown and is set.
6. Now, place the pan with the set omelet under a pre-heated grill and cook for 2 to 3 minutes and allow to rise and brown in the heat.
7. Gently, take out the omelet on a warm plate and serve immediately.