- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fluffy Polka Dot Pancakes Recipe
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Butter||3 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 179 Calories from Fat 42
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.3%
Saturated Fat 2.3 g11.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.9 mg
Sodium 328.3 mg13.7%
Total Carbohydrates 30 g10%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.8%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 5 g10%
Vitamin A 3.1% Vitamin C 0.6%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 7.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Allow raisins to plump in hot water for several minutes and then pat dry on paper towels after draining them.
2) Combine cinnamon with 2 tablespoons of sugar and mix with raisins and then keep aside.
3) Whisk egg whites until they reach a soft peak stage.
4) Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar until stiff peaks form.
5) Take a large bowl and beat egg yolks in it until creamy.
6) Mix in buttermilk and soda.
7) Sift flour, baking powder and salt and mix it with the buttermilk mixture.
8) Add in melted butter and then mix in beaten egg whites.
9) Slowly stir in cinnamon-coated raisins.
10) Onto a lightly greased griddle, spoon batter and cook until brown, turning once.
11) Serve at once.