- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fluffy Omelet with Cheese Sauce Recipe
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|All-purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sharp cheddar cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded (2 Ounce)|
Calories 458 Calories from Fat 319
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.4%
Saturated Fat 19.5 g97.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 498.9 mg166.3%
Sodium 752.9 mg31.4%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.81%
Sugars 4 g
Protein 24 g48.7%
Vitamin A 25.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 38.3% Iron 13.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 325°.
2. In a bowl beat egg whites until foamy.
3. Add water and salt.
4. Beat until stiff peaks form.
5. In a medium bowl beat egg yolks until thick.
6. Fold whites into yolks.
7. Heat a heavy skillet over medium heat.
8. Add butter and tilt skillet to coat the bottom.
9. Spread egg mixture and keep the sides little raised.
10. Cover, decrease heat and cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
11. Bake for 10 minutes.
12. Loose omelet with a spatula and fold in half.
13. To prepare cheese sauce, in a heavy saucepan melt butter over low heat.
14. Stir in flour and cook for 1 minute.
15. Add milk, cook and stir over medium heat until thick.
16. Add salt and cheese.
17. Stir until cheese melts.
18. Slide omelet onto a plate.
19. Spoon cheese sauce over top.