- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fluffy Homemade Pita Bread Recipe Video
|Warm milk||1 1⁄3 Cup (21.33 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Bread flour||3 1⁄4 Cup (52 tbs) (Reserve 0.25 Cup For Use)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1463 Calories from Fat 222
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.9%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.1 mg
Sodium 2066.6 mg86.1%
Total Carbohydrates 257 g85.5%
Dietary Fiber 8.2 g32.9%
Sugars 21 g
Protein 49 g98.1%
Vitamin A 6.3% Vitamin C 0.05%
Calcium 39.2% Iron 17.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, add warm milk, yeast, and honey and mix until honey is thoroughly dissolved. If possible, let stand for about 10-15 minutes.
2. Mix in salt and vegetable oil.
3. Fold in the flour and with your hands (wash them first), mix the ingredients until a soft and elastic dough begins to form. Add more flour if needed.
4. Divide dough into 8-12 pieces and shape them into flat 6-inch disks.
5. Place disks on a parchment-paper lined baking sheet and cover with a clean damp towel while oven is preheating.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
7. When the oven reaches 500 degrees, bake pitas for 4-5 minutes, until puffed.
8. Let cool and serve with anything you want!!! Enjoy!