- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Fluffy Banana and Pineapple Mousse Recipe
|Cottage cheese||8 Ounce (225 Gram / 1 Cup)|
|Canned pineapple chunks in juice||15 Ounce (1 Can / 425 Gram, Pieces)|
|Powdered gelatin||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon / 1 Sachet)|
Calories 116 Calories from Fat 9
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 1 g1.7%
Saturated Fat 0.42 g2.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 3.8 mg
Sodium 151.9 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 20 g6.6%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.5%
Sugars 13.9 g
Protein 8 g16.2%
Vitamin A 1.1% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 3.8% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel and chop one banana and place it in a food processor or blender with the cottage cheese. Process until smooth.
3. Drain the pineapple, reserving the juice, and reserve a few pieces or chunks for decoration. Add the rest to the banana mixture and process for a few seconds until finely chopped. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl.
4. Dissolve the gelatine in 60 ml / 4 tbsp of the reserved pineapple juice. Stir the gelatine quickly into the fruit mixture with a spoon.
5. In a separate bowl, quickly whisk the egg whites until they hold soft peaks, then fold them lightly and evenly into the fruit mixture. Tip the mousse into the prepared dish, smooth the surface and chill until set.
6. When the mousse is set, carefully remove the paper collar. Decorate the mousse with the reserved banana and pineapple.