- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flourless Chocolate Cake Recipe Video
|Fresh raspberries||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened dried coconut||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Raw walnut||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (1 pinch)|
|Pitted dates||16 Medium|
|Carob powder||1 Cup (16 tbs) (cocoa powder/ raw cacao powder)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|Chocolate ganache||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Optional)|
Calories 959 Calories from Fat 539
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 64 g98.2%
Saturated Fat 11.4 g56.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 603.3 mg25.1%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.4 g37.6%
Sugars 71 g
Protein 13 g26.6%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 20.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pit the dates by pulling them into half and removing the seed.
2. Line a 6 inch cake pan with parchment paper.
3. In a food processor, put the walnuts and salt and process it till it forms coarse flour.
4. Add the dates and continue processing till the mixture begins to stick together.
5. Put the cocoa powder/ carob powder, vanilla and process till incorporated.
6. Pour water and process for few more minutes.
7. Take the cake pan and pour the cake mixture into it.
8. Press it with hands gently to form the cake.
9. Run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the cake.
10. Take a serving plate, place it on top of the cake pan and invert it and lift the cake pan off.
11. Remove the parchment paper. The cake can be frosted with a chocolate ganache.
12. Chill the cake for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
13. Cut the cake into slices and serve it garnished with raspberries, dried coconut or chocolate.
Chocolate Cake with Fudge Frosting will keep for 5 days stored in the refrigerator or for 2 weeks stored in the freezer.