- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Flour Tortillas Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1344 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8.4%
Saturated Fat 0.92 g4.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 13.5 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 285 g94.9%
Dietary Fiber 28.9 g115.4%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 46 g92.2%
Vitamin A 0.4% Vitamin C
Calcium 9.4% Iron 90.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Move dough to a floured board and knead until a smooth but stiff dough results.
3. Divide dough into 12 equal parts. Shape into smooth, pliable balls.
4. Roll each ball out as thinly as possible on a floured surface.
5. Drop tortilla on a very hot ungreased griddle. Cook until speckled on one side. Turn and cook on the reverse side.
6. As you cook each tortilla, place it between the folds of a clean cotton kitchen towel to keep warm and flexible until serving.
7. Repeat steps 4 through 6 for each tortilla, reflouring surface as needed.